A list compiled by BackgroundChecks.org has ranked Germantown and Collierville as the 1st and 2nd safest cities in Tennessee.
Using FBI crime statistics, backgroundchecks.org calculates a “safety index” through the following method:
- Cities with populations over 10,000 are selected for the ranking.
- Violent and property crime rates are calculated by dividing the crime numbers by the population to get rates per 1,000.
- The ratio of law enforcement is calculated per 1,000.
- These are weighted with -50% for the violent crime rate, -25% for the property crime rate, and +25% for the law enforcement rate.
- The final metric gives a safety index score to the cities; the higher the index, the safer the city.
To view the list and posting in full, please visit: https://backgroundchecks.org/safest-cities-in-tennessee.html